Wednesday, January 7, 2009

...and then there were 5...

Todd and I found out a few days ago that we are expecting another child mid-September! We could not be more excited! I was so happy to tell the kids....even though Kayleigh could care less, and Ethan thought that I am carrying "sisi" (what he calls Kayleigh) in my tummy! I am excited that Ethan will understand a little better about this pregnancy, since he was only 16 months when Kayleigh was BORN! Todd and I feel so blessed to be given this gift of another child. I am constantly reminded of god's grace and love.
Now, let me be "real," I am a little nervous about juggling THREE kids with only two hands. I am nervous about Todd and I being outnumbered. I am scared about how Kayleigh and Ethan will accept the new baby. I am worried about all the moving of rooms and furniture that will take place in our house in the months to come. It is amazing that a bigger house can suddenly seem so small! I am terrified of nursing again and of the COST of formula! I would not be human (or a mom) if I did not have some feelings of anxiety! And of course, I am so OCD the idea of rearranging my drawers and cabinets in the kitchen for bottles and baby stuff again makes me go crazy. But.....I am so extremely grateful for Gods amazing and unending love and this perfect little joy that he has given us.
Five is a perfect number, right?! Thanks for everyones continued support and love! I will keep everyone updated through this blog. Please pray for a healthy and happy pregnancy!

3 comments:

  1. How WONDERFUL! I am so happy for you guys. I'm sure this one will seem like a breeze since you're a "seasoned" mom. Congratulations. I'll be praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time is going to fly by...and if anyone can juggle three babies with two hands, you can! I mean look at me! I'm juggling four with my two hands...and you KNOW I don't have it together! People tell me all the time that God only gives you what you can handle, to which I reply "God is laughing so hard right now!" I don't think he'll be laughing at you...at least not all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three is a piece of cake!! Congratulations! I don't know your nursing history but it gets easier the more kids you have .. I only nursed Nathan for a short while, longer with Luke and Ethan nurses like a champ!! All of your anxiety is normal - but you will handle 3 like a pro with God's grace!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete